Organizational Climate Analysis in Work Teams in the Public Management of the Government of Minas Gerais State
Keywords:Public Management, Organizational Climate, Perception, Public Sector
Purpose: The perception about organizational climate is one of the variables that differentiate companies with good people management, from those that make people mere resources needed to generate profit. Such researches are little developed in the public sector. The research is justified by the possibility of pointing out the variables that affect the organizational climate, as well as the satisfaction of the public servants belonging to the group studied.
Originality/Relevance: This study is among the first in the public sector to demonstrate the importance of the organizational climate for the individual creative performance of employees. The findings of this study add to our current knowledge and understanding of the value of organizational climate and its influence on individual creative performance in the public sector.
Methodology: The methodology is a descriptive research, using literature search and case study in a quantitative approach. It used as an instrument an online questionnaire and direct participant observation.
Main results: The profile of the servers was identified, as well as the dimensions: structure and physical environment; cooperation and reciprocity in the work environment; participation in decisions; merit recognition; identification with the institution; controls; functional autonomy; conflicts; remuneration and opportunity; perspective in the institution that interfere in the perception of the organizational climate by the servers, obtaining 99 answers. The objectives were achieved and it was noted the need to implement and develop some human resources policies to especially value the intellectual capital existing within each organ.
Theoretical contributions: The research contributes demonstrate the need for public companies and create policies on organizational climate between a positive and significant link with the two variables of creative performance included in this study. In addition, the study revealed that the creative individual modifies the relationship between organizational climate and individual innovative behavior.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 CAMPO JURÍDICO
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms: the author(s) authorize(s) the publication of the text in the journal;
2. The author(s) ensure(s) that the contribution is original and unpublished and that it is not in the process of evaluation by another journal;
3. The journal is not responsible for the views, ideas and concepts presented in articles, and these are the sole responsibility of the author(s);
4. The publishers reserve the right to make textual adjustments and adapt texts to meet with publication standards.
5. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right to first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Atribuição NãoComercial 4.0 internacional, which allows the work to be shared with recognized authorship and initial publication in this journal.
6. Authors are allowed to assume additional contracts separately, for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in this journal (e.g. publish in institutional repository or as a book chapter), with recognition of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
7. Authors are allowed and are encouraged to publish and distribute their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on a personal web page) at any point before or during the editorial process, as this can generate positive effects, as well as increase the impact and citations of the published work (see the effect of Free Access) at http://opcit.eprints.org/oacitation-biblio.html
• 8. Authors are able to use ORCID is a system of identification for authors. An ORCID identifier is unique to an individual and acts as a persistent digital identifier to ensure that authors (particularly those with relatively common names) can be distinguished and their work properly attributed.